Tuesday 23 June 2009

Finale?

Well, it's come to the end of all the excitement, preparation, installing, sore backs, last minute panics. All well worth it!
I can't tell you how proud I am of their achievements. Sometimes, we have negative expectations of young people. But surely this artwork, evidence of so much effort and talent, should be applauded by the whole community. They've created their world for us to enjoy and share and that's what's it's all about. Isin't it?

Can I now get to the embarrassing part and say thank you to some people?

Major thanks to Isabel, for her continuing support of the project :)
our new HT, for his support too as well as all his staff.
Our funders; The Eden Trust, South Ayrshire Council, Carrick Academy, Phillip Reilly, Centre for Advanced Textiles, GSA, Caroline :) but most of all I want to thank you, the pupils. It's been a bumpy ride at times but we weathered it rather nicely don't you think?
Hope I haven't forgotten anyone?

Old hands like me think we know it all, well, we don't. I've learned a lot and I have these kids to thank for that.

I'll miss you all.

Good luck :)

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment